What’s New in ANSYS Discovery products 2021 R1
January 29, 2021
• Improved midsurfacing of stamped parts
• New dimensional sketch relationships with expressions
• New probing in deviation tool
• New toolbox on Ansys App Store
• New block recording of SpaceClaim meshing
• New Cartsweep meshing
• New file format support, including Revit
• AutoCAD 2021
• CATIA V6 R2020x
• Creo Parametric 7.0
• Inventor 2021
• JT 10.5
• NX 1899
• SketchUp 2020
• Teigha/RealDWG 2021
‐ New probing toolguide provides precise distance of deviation at any point
‐ Condensed options panel simplifies user experience
ANSYS DISCOVERY 2020R1 IS RELEASE
October 17, 2019
Explore more designs quickly in ANSYS Discovery Live with changes to the structural solver to improve accuracy for thinner geometries, and with a newly introduced steady-state fluids solver.
With ANSYS Discovery AIM, you can now simulate rubber components with an easy-to-use, guided workflow. Structural materials data have also been expanded to include orthotropic elasticity and simulation of composite laminates.
New autoskin features in ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim enable you to easily combine analytic geometry with autoskinned patches during reverse engineering. In addition, new minimal surface lattices increase efficiency in additive manufacturing applications.
- ANSYS Additive Prep features expanded capabilities in the build processor so you can change laser parameters. Building on its capability to write files to SLM machines, it now lets you write files to EOS machines.
- Workbench Additive now offers inherent strain simulation in addition to thermal–structural additive simulation. ANSYS Additive Print to Workbench Additive workflow for cutoff scenarios has been introduced.
- Additive Print now supports J2 Plasticity. It also accepts laser beam inputs for the thermal solver.
- Aluminum alloy AlSi10Mg has been validated for all simulation types in Additive Print and Additive Science.
- Additive Print and Additive Science have been improved for increased accuracy and faster run times.
• Modal support added
• Manufacturing constraints: maximum thickness & 2-sided pull direction
• New objective: minimization of mass under stiffness and frequency (1 or both) constraints
• Combine static & modal simulations
• Parameter study support